PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My dream - advice please (collective thread)
Old 29th Aug 2014, 09:13
JSFerrier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice please

Hi people,
I have recently received my gcse results, (7as: maths, additional maths, all 3 sciences english language and pe, 3bs: history, geography an English literature, 2cs German and ethics and a merit in IT), and am off to college next week.

My interview for enrolment is Monday, and currently I am taking maths, further maths, physics and geography, however I am debating if not to change geography for electronics as it fits in better with physics. So my first question is what should I take??

Secondly I have been scouting around the flight schools and have noticed that the majority of English based airlines sponsorship schemes are currently closed and open yearly, but and this is a big one, i have come to understand that the aviation industry does not tend to be that regular and therefore my second question is how does employment look over the next 3 to 4 years?

Third is basically should I go to university as I know that no airline requires it however it does stand out in comparison to others but I will be four years older at the end of it.

Thank you for taking your time to read this I will
Become an airline pilot it is just a matte of when and how but all advice is appreciated.