PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots suspended after North Sea helicopter lands on wrong platform
Old 28th Aug 2014, 17:10
jayteeto

Location: Liverpool based Geordie, so calm down, calm down kidda!!
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
That's just typical here helimutt, you don't like what I say so just insult me.
Read my post again, it is not written about THIS incident, it is written about ANY incident in ANY industry.
Ridiculous "pampered" comments aside, I will explain myself anyway.
Any service provider, be it McDonald's or BOH, rely on maintaining a good reputation with a customer. A robust reaction to an incident shows leadership and good practice to any customer. Even if the company are 99.9% certain of the outcome of any enquiry, if they carry out a competent procedure, the customer is happier. If the crew have done nothing wrong, they have nothing to fear from this and should then be reinstated at the earliest opportunity.
I have been through this procedure recently and came out ok. I was treated as a professional and with respect by the company. It was stressful, but it looked fair internally and externally. I cannot stress how much better this makes the company look to the customer.
So get off your high horse and think why the company did this. I DON'T NEED TO KNOW THE CIRCUMSTANCES OF THE FLIGHT, IT DOESN'T MATTER. That is what any enquiry will do.
Well done from me, Leadership, you can't beat it.