PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus SOP's
Thread: Airbus SOP's
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2014, 16:21
Slopwith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Read the Original Post!

Dear All,

Thank you for your replies. As professionals and an English speaker, I thought my post was quite straight forward:
If anyone from Airbus reads this and can PM me a copy of actual Airbus SOP's for either A320 or A330 I would be grateful.
I thought that was a fairly straight forward request yet even that, it seems, is open to interpretation.

Compressor Stall: You say "Your chances of getting it from Airbus are zip" yet then you say "beware of the Airbus one online"! Which is it? Is there a link to the Airbus website where one can see genuine Airbus SOP’s or are you refering to something like Smartcockpit or similar SOP’s online that are not from the Airbus website but are probably company specific? Why would I be interested in them or as you say beware? Further, my post was asking "if anyone from Airbus reads this". I was not asking for an address in Airbus from which to obtain them (though maybe that is the answer!). Further still, the whole point of asking for unadulterated Airbus SOP's was to see how far the "company promulgated procedures" differ from unadulterated Airbus. Exactly what am I supposed to be waiting for?

Vilas: Thank you for your suggestion. I should have worded my post as "Anyone from Airbus or anyone who has just done a non-company type rating with Airbus in Toulouse using unadulterated Airbus SOP’s, reads this and can PM me a copy of actual Airbus SOP's for either A320 or A330 I would be grateful".

Winnerhofer: Exactly my point!

TyroPicard: Firstly, do you know anything about me? Do you know if I too am an instructor or not? Do you know how many different sets of Airbus SOP's I have encountered, all different? Do you not understand the reason for my post?
Secondly, I am pretty sure (see above) that I was not asking for an opinion. I appreciate your sentiment but if you really feel the need to write a reply to my post, either PM with Airbus unadulterated SOP's as requested or say "Unfortunately, I too have many sets of Airbus SOP's as I am an SFI and train with many different Airlines. I therefore cannot vouch for which set of SOP's are unadulterated Airbus. Sorry I cannot help"!
“It’s your employers train set –play with it the way they want.” I am so tempted to say something rude to you. Again, I am not asking you for your opinion. One day you might be a TRI.

Superpilot: I feel you are contradicting yourself somewhat; "Produce a tailored version" and then “I don't think the FCOM is something the Airline can re-write". Well what is it to be? Yes they can put a custom SOP in the FCOM-PRO-NOR. That was the whole point of part of your reply regarding the rep from Airbus talking with the big Chief. We are surely all familiar with Airlines who have Boeing and Airbus fleets who try and make SOP's common? That is a classic example of moving away from the original “Un-adulterated” SOP's. You then say, "A question for you is how much has to change before you no longer consider your procedures to be Airbus SOP?" That comment again implies that airlines can and most of us know do, change SOP's thus bringing me back to the whole point of my post.

I have now wasted an hour of my time writing this reply. With one exception, that being Winnerhofer, you have all posted replies offering opinions. I know it is a Forum but I just asked for a copy of some SOP's nothing else. It staggers me that you are presumably all professional pilots and reminds me why I do not bother with PPrune very often.