PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2014, 13:59
Expressflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It will be interesting to see the SEN route network when easyJet put their Summer 2015 programme on sale in a few weeks' time. I get the feeling that consolidation may be the order of the day, with the network remaining much the same as this year except for KRK and possibly JER being dropped. That would presumably mean that SEN would be a three aircraft base next year; it already operates less than a four aircraft programme as the SXF service sees that aircraft being used to other destinations from SFX during the day before it returns to SEN in the late evening. I cannot see any rationale for adding a Turkish destination from SEN but it could happen I suppose although it would mean an A320, preferably with sharklets, being available.

During the latter part of last winter an A320 was SEN-based and operated two or three rotations per day to existing destinations in addition to the twice weekly TFS run. The extra capacity was sold for these flights so it was a useful way of increasing revenue on existing routes. I wonder if they will do something similar this winter.

If JER was dropped it could prove a useful addition to the Flybe/Stobart Air network and I'm sure that there are a number of European airports who have been knocking on Stobart's door in the hope of being added to its list of destinations. This winter already sees the two aircraft fleet fully utilised so a third aircraft might perhaps be added for Summer 2015 with one or two new destinations added.