PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Day Britain Stopped
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2003, 18:15
Notso Fantastic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It were a bit queer weren't it? Why would anyone decide to drive past LHR, on the day of a railstrike, pop into central London, then drive out again to LHR for their flight? Deserved to get wiped out!
I found the scene of the collision moving- particularly the ATC girl as she realised what was happening.
In 32 years ops at LHR, nothing remotely similar. We must get out of the train of thought that LHR is the busiest in the world etc. I stood on the ground at O'Hare once on a lovely evening and counted 25 sets of lights in the twilight all very close to O'Hare and all using the FIVE available runways. LHR doesn't even come close. I've had a LHR ATC controller sit behind me watch with fascination JFK airport. I told him we would be 'cleared to land' with several ahead of us- he didn't believe me. I saw his face when we were cleared to land and we could count 3 ahead still to land and one touching down.
Did you see that nasty program 'The Real Mile High'. It consisted completely of a set of very queer and nasty cabin crew (and the Editor of the Sunday Sport) bragging about what a wild time they had and smirking about the different ways they can 'fix' peoples' food they don't like and slam their digestive systems with eye drops. Now that was a real video nasty!