PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Funding ideas after BBVA reject your application.
Old 27th Aug 2014, 14:04
G-F0RC3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
john_smith; your post is revealing to say the least. How on earth would your parents, tutors, or course mates know whether you'd find flying a boring profession or not? And if they did all say that then what an incredibly unsupportive bunch indeed. Choosing a career is so subjective that there really is no one-rule-fits-all answer. I know people who are perfectly content with their rather mundane jobs paying the national minimum wage. Conversely, I know others who are professors in their fields or top professionals (some highly experienced airline pilots) who are equally content with their careers. People are different. Just because you made a bad choice for yourself does not mean that it would be a bad choice for someone else. And I can assure you, as someone who comes from an IT background there are many other jobs besides flying that will bore you to tears on a daily basis.

It's instructive to view the thread 'Doctor or Pilot' currently running on Jetblast. Look at the number of pilots basically telling the OP that he'd have to be mad to give up medicine for aviation.
Perhaps. But if you went onto a medical forum as an airline pilot and suggested you planned to switch to a medical career then you might find many doctors telling you that you'd be mad as well.