PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF to Import Ebola
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2014, 11:39
Dengue_Dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So where do you draw the line? At what point does an individual or company have to take responsibility for their own actions (or decisions) rather than expect MOD/HMG to come to the rescue (with the usual line of "that's what I pay my taxes for"). I appreciate it is not me, or my family, involved in this particular case but I wouldn't dream of going somewhere (be it work or holiday) without knowing the 'what ifs' are covered if the worst happens. It's called insurance. It's not difficult - even the FCO advice page talks about the costs of air ambulances etc, and the need to have sufficient cover, when travelling on holiday. And if the military are the only people who can carry out a complex aeromed such as this then it doesn't change the fact that somebody (either the individual(s) or companies) should foot the bill.

Yes it's harsh but the 'pot of money' is only so deep. The MOD needs to be robust - if you want our services then you need to pay for them. As a side note I heard on the radio earlier today that the Health Minister wants to introduce 'fines' for patients who attend A&E as a result of excessive/binge drinking.
Get's my vote . . .

(and the A & E sanction, however implausible it would be to apply as it's subjective).