PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA election results
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2003, 17:16
Creampuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bill

I’m not suggesting you beg for crumbs at the CASA table. To continue the culinary metaphor, I don’t want you to keep trying to digest anything they dish up.

I want you to cook your own dish.

I’ll let you in on a little secret: CASA can’t agree on what it wants. (Ironically, it’s very much like AOPA.) It’s not surprising really, given that this process was never CASA’s idea.

If the US rules are the closest model to what you and Bill Hamilton believe will best serve the interests of a majority of AOPA members, I cannot for the life of me understand why you both don’t sit down with a ruler and a red pen and scratch out the bits of the US rules you don’t want, and write down the (surely minimal) additions you do want.

It’s much easier for the parliament to give you want if you can say: “Here it is”. It’s very difficult for the parliament to give you what you want if all you can say is: “We don’t want this.” or “Please give us [enter vacuous motherhood statement]”.

If folks of your and Bill H’s expertise can’t agree or can’t articulate what rules you do want, when the rules with which you want Australia to harmonise are sitting there begging to be copied, how can you credibly expect CASA to produce what you want?

BTW: congrats again on your election; you’re a tough b*stard, that’s for sure