PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Funding ideas after BBVA reject your application.
Old 26th Aug 2014, 22:00
rivet squeezer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John_smith

If becoming an airline pilot, which to most of the wannabes here would be a dream come true, is such a huge mistake for you why not go and get a job doing something completely different? There are plenty of jobs to be had in offices, building sites, engineering or whatever you fancy that could offer you a much more sociable lifestyle, many of which would make a very good career.

If the dull task of being at the controls of a hugely complex and expensive machine (which happens to pay more than the average job) is such a mistake then why don't you do yourself a favour and re-train? Such a terrible career must be so depressing that to carry on would be ludicrous!

You moan about terms and conditions no end but I'd put money on you never having actually done any other job for any length of time. No doubt that T's & C's for professional pilots is on the decline but compared to the majority of other careers they are certainly not bad at all. For example when was the last time you had to go to work for free because the task you and your team have been working on is behind schedule through no fault of your own? I bet the answer to that is never as an airline pilot, and in fact I bet you'd have received a healthy day off working payment for carrying out a job that many would love to do!

Of course there's no problem giving advice to potential new pilots about how the industry is changing and that it perhaps isn't the job it once was but your posts aren't constructive at all and only serve to annoy people who really know what it's like to have T's & C's!

Seriously though it's never too late to change career...I'm sure the highly satisfying job of a policeman or I.T engineer would give you a much more rewarding lifestyle with T"s & C's your ex colleagues would be the envy of