PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Simulator Training for strong crosswind landings
Old 26th Aug 2014, 18:47
AirRabbit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks mnttech, I appreciate your recognizing the “big picture,” so to speak. I’ve always believed that while “tunnel vision” often has its very valuable contribution to a myriad of applications, I think it imperative to recognize that when it is used it must be used with frequent and regular glances at “the big picture;” if for no other reason than to maintain a realistic understanding of both position and direction. While, of course, this applies to flying an airplane, it is equally applicable to developing and following progressive procedures for any business function – and, if nothing else, the choices evident here are blatantly in contradiction to this basic understanding. Often, if tunnel vision is the only perspective used, when the activity is observed from the outside, what is seen is usually recognized as actions chillingly (and regretfully) reminiscent of something between the Marx Brothers and the Keystone Cops!