PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rescue search.
Thread: Rescue search.
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2014, 14:16
VAN GOGH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rescue search.

Dear ,

I am "Van Gogh" living in Belgium. I am doing research about a crash happend 15 miles from Gütersloh Air Base. That happend on
8 May 1985. A Belgian Mirage V from 8th Sqn. in Biérset crashed near the base after an engine explosion. The pilot ejected safely with minor enjuries and was able to fly again after 5 days. After the ejection he landed in a tree. The rescue attempt from fire department and a Chinook failed. Fire department ladder to short and Chinook to big dawn wash.
Then a Puma or Puma's were scrambled to get the pilot out of the tree. The Puma landed first in an nearby field to put a rope under the fuselage. 45 minutes after the crash they were ably to bring back the pilot on solid ground. Last year the pilot visited the crash site again and that after many years. It brought back all the memories. Now follows my question. We are trying to find the crew from the Puma or Puma's from 230th sqn.'Tigers' that toke part in the rescue. Can you help us. It's important for us to find them. Please can you help us finding the crew or crews that we are searching. All help is welcome. For the effort I thank you very much in advance.

Sincerely,