PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Producing a Pilot License.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2002, 03:57
Naples Air Center, Inc.
The Oracle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cat Driver,. .. .I have been flying both for the Airlines and for pleasure to the Bahamas for over 12 years. I have never been asked to show my pilot licenses. I have not been out of the country as PIC since prior to Sept 11, 2001 so I cannot say how closely they check now. I am willing to bet they go through all your licenses and the aircraft documentation when returning to the U.S.. .. .As for the Bahamas, there used to be all kinds of fees when flying out of there. All transactions were done in cash and they never made it into the cash drawer. It was up to the Customs and Immigration Officers whether you were paying time and a half for overtime or double time for overtime. This did not mean it was after hours, they would charge you a 11 a.m. on a Saturday this overtime fee.. .. .I spent time with Greg Rolle from the Bahamian Ministry of Tourism to generate the Private Pilot's Bill of Rights. If any private pilot is being charged any extra fees while entering or leaving the Bahamas, all they have to do if show a copy of that paper and the fees are waved. It works like magic.. .. .Now if we could only do the same thing with the rest of the world.. .. .Take Care,. .. .Capt. Richard J. Gentil, Pres.. .Naples Air Center, Inc.