PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA now wants to control community flights what next
Old 26th Aug 2014, 09:29
sprocket check

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frank: MOST Olympic athletes ARE amateurs.

AeroD:

I have seen allot of angel flights take place and they were all single engine piston with a PPL at the controls. You can't tell me that a there is not a higher level of risk involved in this type of operation. When you consider A whole fleet of king air, PC 12, caravans, bell 412 and dauphins are parked on aprons all around Australia with trained professional pilots that are ready NOW to go help the sick and injured. I call bull**** on the "mercy flight excuse".
You are describing a sickness that pervades ALL of GA and has nothing of relevance to AF unless you are suggesting that it becomes a commercial operation. Which would be great and it should be funded by CASA. Or it should be operated by CASA and pilots should be FOIs on their off duty time as a service to the community. Or, just so you don't have this eyesore of idle aircraft at your field, they should be all nationalised by CASA and dispersed to all the airfields in AU and territories, at least one per airfield. Along with a MRO, fully staffed and capable with proper training, supervisory oversight and regular inspections, rotating stores and supplies, etc...

sc
Black humour is in my blood, both an unfortunate perspective and a survival mechanism.