PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bye Bye Qantas Hello Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2014, 02:11
Trevor the lover

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Viginexcess

Thanks for your long and detailed reply. All sounds quite feasible to me.

Just curious, with the threat to QF international pretty much looking after itself now, what do you think Virgin's plans for Tiger might be. With the heavy losses it is still sustaining, do you think Borghetti actually needs Tiger in the fight against the QF group. Do you think there is a 4 year, 5 year, 6 year plan? Does Virgin need to get Tiger into profitability. If they do, what happens if they can't, do they cut it loose as a failed plan?

It seemed a big call to buy into Tiger, so if it is in fact the end of QF as we know it and the rise of JQ, will Virgin need the two tiered strategy any more?

Crystal ball stuff I know, but it all makes for a good book in 30 years time. Perhaps you and Sunfish can shed some thoughts on how TT will fit into the fight.

Trev

PS - sure I got 23% for economics, but it was actually a deliberate strategy. my teacher was deputy principal as well as the mayor of Wagga, so his attendance in class was as rare as a speed bump in Dubai. So since I knew economics would be my lowest score of the 6, and as only 5 count, I decided to focus no time on it at all. So economics classes saw me just teaching myself the history of Australian Bushranging. So as I say, I'm not that dumb, am I NiceAuster??!!