PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 25th Aug 2014, 19:47
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Coff #1225,

That photograph is in my old Nav Bag, which I used to tote around routes with various course notes and diagnostic aids. What is actually missing is the Nav bag. We have had a couple of moves since demob, so are now in a cross oddled state with respect to knowing its location. Mrs Smudge will be on duty in the loft tomorrow, as I can't get up there any more, hopefully a result will be forthcoming. Have no fear, I know I have it, and it will be posted when I find it.

AA62, #1222,

Very smart props, on a very smart aircraft. Seeing the gloss black underbelly just brought a short memory back. In the early 70s I was employed doing Base 3 servicings on Albert at Colerne. One aircraft arrived from 70 Sqd in Cyprus for Base 3, and day one, the whole team is out on the wash bay doing the pre servicing wash (no civilian wash teams in those days). One of the lads, using a standard floor brush to scrub the underside of the aircraft, suddenly shouts for our Chiefy to come and have a look, the head of the brush had disappeared inside the falsework below the SPR panel, in the gloss black area. On checking there was a large hole that had been covered in black electrical bodge tape, for goodness knows how long, that now contained the head of the broom. No mention of this damage was entered in the F700 or any other paperwork. We all had a laugh at how "gash" those blokes in Cyprus seemed. Perhaps someone who is following this thread has an actual memory of how this happened.

Smudge

Last edited by smujsmith; 25th Aug 2014 at 19:58.