PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Part 61 IFR single pilot recency requirements
Old 25th Aug 2014, 13:36
st777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Part 61 IFR single pilot recency requirements

Hi All

Just reading through the Part 61 regs and want to make sure I understand the changes to IFR recency requirements correctly.

- 3 approaches in last 90 days to be IFR current (per 61.870 (2))
- at least 1 hour under IFR (and not necessarily in IMC) and 1 approach for single pilot IFR in last 6 mths (per 61.875)
- if I want to carry out an NDB approach, I need to have done either an NDB/VOR/RNAV in the last 90 days (per 61.870 (4)) for 2D approach recency and an NDB per 61.870 (6) for azimuth guidance recency
- if I want to carry out a RNAV-GNSS approach, I need to have done either an NDB/VOR/RNAV approach in the last 90 days per 61.870(4) for 2D approach recency, and either VOR/RNAV per 61.870 (6) for course deviation guidance recency
- if I want to carry out a VOR approach, I need to have done either an NDB/VOR/RNAV approach in the last 90 days per 61.870(4) for 2D approach recency, and either VOR/RNAV per 61.870 (6) for course deviation guidance recency
- if I want to carry out an ILS, I need to have done one in the last 90 days per 3D approach recency at 61.870(5)

So if I understand correctly, does that mean a VOR approach would make me recent for RNAV-GNSS since both are 2D and both are based on course deviation, and vice versa?

Does that also mean all the following are now gone? I just want to make sure they're not hidden in some other obscure location across all the legislative instruments!
- 3hrs instrument time in command or 1hr dual instrument time (as in IMC time, not time under IFR) for IFR currency?
- 35 day ILS recency requirement
- 6mths recency for GPS type etc

Thanks for your help!