PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 25th Aug 2014, 11:57
Wander00

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Coff - 1986, trying to take over buildings at Mt Pleasant and open RAF Mount Pleasant on 1 May. Two banes of my life, sewerage system and central heating in Death Star (not then known as DS). Sewerage we fixed - filtration system built arse about face! Central heating was more difficult. part operated at something like 10 atmos and several 10s of degrees C above normal boiling (a long time ago). The low pressure end was something lower in both pressure and temperature. Where the two joined was some sort of pressure reducing equipment house (right under my bedroom) and if all failed an alarm sounded. call out technician and he changed a penny washer sized bit of plastic. However at one stage we were going through these at a ferocious rate and I had to signal for urgent resupply. They arrived in a small freezer bag in the pocket of a Hercules aircrew.

Just rethought this - on reflection, sorry, not an "Albert" story, but a "Tri*" story. I will go and reheat my Horlicks

Last edited by Wander00; 25th Aug 2014 at 12:55. Reason: memory!