PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Accessing a protected DVD
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2014, 11:51
Saint Jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bushfiva: Yes, I can see the individual files (videos in .wma format) on the disc. I can also save them individually to my hard disk but the protection is automatically copied with the file and when I attempt to open it, from my HDD, I still get the prompt to, a) go online, b) user name and, c) password. So it would appear, as you suggested, that the video files are individually encrypted.

Regarding your suggestion that I trace the online destination URL or IP address - it will not have escaped your attention that I'm working on the very limit of my computer knowledge - I'll have to put this task on my to-do list.

LookingForAJob: See above, this answers most of your queries. I'm currently experimenting with different players, including MPC and VLC, and converting individual files to various formats. So far I've been able to overcome the protection with some formats but the only result when playing is multi-coloured psychedelic snow without any audio.

Everyone: I'm going to defer to geoff1248's concerns and desist from creating a thread that offers guidance and instructions to overcome built-in safety and security features. Many thanks to all of you.