PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA now wants to control community flights what next
Old 25th Aug 2014, 11:02
Aerodynamisist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Somebody has to stick up for CASA in this case, and as much as it irks me to back them up, its Just CASA doing the job they are employed to do.
That job is protecting the PUBLIC from risk, that means in many cases protecting the public from poorly conceived though well meaning pilots. Australian pilots need to be disabused of the notion that CASA are here to look after us and facilitate our activities, the days of old mate the FOI who looks after the locals went out with smoking on airliners.

Allowing medivac flights and walking wounded and "transport to to care" to be provided to the general public in single engine piston light aircraft flown by Walter Mitty ppl's is allot or RISK with little to no justification.

I have seen allot of angel flights take place and they were all single engine piston with a PPL at the controls. You can't tell me that a there is not a higher level of risk involved in this type of operation. When you consider A whole fleet of king air, PC 12, caravans, bell 412 and dauphins are parked on aprons all around Australia with trained professional pilots that are ready NOW to go help the sick and injured. I call bull**** on the "mercy flight excuse".