PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ADSB Transponder Installation - EO Required?
Old 25th Aug 2014, 10:45
RatsoreA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see where you are going with this.

If by 'I', I assume you mean your appropriately qualified solder jockey?!

Whilst the 327 only has 200w of transmitting power, versus the 250w from the 330 (ES as well) a quick electrical load analysis could be performed, should you be worried about the the 3 extra amps that the new box will draw.

Getting an electrical load analysis is not an EO. They might perform a "paper" load analysis when doing an EO, but that is not an EO.

But, as you pointed out, the regulatory requirement is satisfied. If you have been following the thread, I am not anti something that would improve safety. I am spending myself out of house and home putting good, safety enhancing things in my airplane. What I am anti, is spending money on something that gives me no benefit.

Also, in the 330 paperwork, I recall seeing something with regards to other equipment installed in the aircraft, and it's respective loads, but I'm not 100% sure! and I don't have it to hand.

Out of curiosity, are you trying to argue in favour of imposing EO's on things that don't need it? I think any regulatory burden that can be reduced across the industry is a good thing? Or do you disagree with that?