PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VIETJET AIR /ATRANS AVIATION
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2014, 02:09
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
FFS I cannot advise you strongly enough do NOT take the word of ANY agencies or anyone on pprune claiming that such-and-such agency has a deal with the airline.

The national sport here is taking money off gullible westerners, and the sums you guys are talking about spending is like a lottery win to the Vietnamese. (Literally - I think the biggest prize in the national lottery is 3 trillion VND which equates to about 100,000 euro).

I don't approve of P2F but I approve even less of people throwing their money away for nothing - therefore I say again PLEASE contact the airline directly for the correct info regarding the recruitment process. People are getting scammed here without a doubt.

Also, for what it's worth, there are rumours every day about the number of local Vietnamese pilots who have resigned from VNA in order to move to Vietjet (yes really, because it's a massive pay rise for them). Most of them are very experienced and well connected - and it's all about politics here. Whether or not they get the Vietjet job is another matter, but rest assured if the locals think their interests are being compromised by 200 hour foreigners, they will be phoning the CAAV and doing everything in their power to get them removed.

And if that was to happen, I would say anyone who had paid for P2F would have less than a snowball's chance in hell of getting their money back