PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Middle East Policy?
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2014, 19:38
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Typhoon 93 #7,

"We can not win this war on terror with the current rules of engagement. How can anybody expect the armed forces to win against an enemy that can manipulate the rules? As I understand, if they stop firing, you can't shoot them. If they put their weapons down, aircraft can't engage them. It's an unwinnable war."

What a very apt insight into what is hamstringing the military establishment in the modern era. Political correctness interferes at every level, preventing bold and appropriate responses to the barbarism of these scum who hide behind the badge of religion to justify their heinous crimes. You can not negotiate with these scum, there's no reasoning that will work, their attitude is simply, do as we say. It's time the western world threw off the shackles of PC and HR, told the likes of Mrs Bliar where she can stick it, and went out there and annihilated them. I for one no longer care what some second rate country who will not stand up to these murderers think of us, I don't want to see any more Lee Rigby's on British streets, I don't want to see failure, as in Basra. But by goodness, watching a lardy blob on a surfboard gets my goat when a situation is developing that should have his attention. Anyone who believes that we should play "marquis of Queensbury" rules with these scum should think again, walk away now and the next 200 heads on sticks might surround Leicester. Fight them gloves off, where they are now, and beat them.

Smudge