PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2014, 19:00
The Dominican

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two things....., they won't do a forensic analysis of your logbooks, we have pilots here from all corners of the globe and all of us had to spend some time doing homework with our logbooks, but 6 months??? It took me a few days to sort out the hours as they wanted them and I sure as hell wasn't going to rewrite a new logbook with 3 decades worth of flying not sure what you are doing but it seems to me that you are overthinking it...! Just figure out the hours they want that typically we don't register, like separating night and day PIC and SIC hours for example and make sure the math is correct, that's it, they will only really examine the last ten pages or so.

Now, about your eligibility to hold a Japanese resident card through your wife's citizenship and your plans to actually move to Japan...., this is something that I would not mention during the interview. This is a commuting contract for a reason, we don't actually work for AJX, we work for the contract companies and we come into Japan just to crew a flight exclusively on international flights. That is why we are not liable for Japanese taxes and the company doesn't have to contribute with the social expenses that otherwise they would have to pay if we were to be employees with residence in Japan. That's why they absolutely refuse to sponsor any of us for residency in Japan.