PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Captain's speach for passengers with technical problems
Old 24th Aug 2014, 16:08
aditya104

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Capetonian
"A warning light has indicated a possible malfunction in one of our multiple fuel systems. This is most likely a false alarm but is one of those things where we take no chances. In the unlikely event that it does fail, the back up systems would allow us to continue flying safely for several hours, but we've contacted the airport authorities in Kano and have arranged for a ground check to take place when we land there in about 20 minutes from now. No cause for alarm, I'll keep you informed and meantime I'm handing you over to the cabin crew for the normal pre-landing procedures. My apologies for the disturbance to your rest, and we'll be on our way to London again as soon as possible. Thank you."
That had a soothing and calming effect on me as I imagined myself listening to this passenger briefing. The member who wrote this rightly deserved what she achieved. Thanks for digging and sharing the transcripts.