PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Accessing a protected DVD
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2014, 10:41
Saint Jack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
geoff1248: Two very good points (the ownership of the information on the disc and the ethics of trying to access it) but let me explain from my point-of-view. The disc was given to me willingly by the originator and therefore it's my property, i.e. the physical disc and the content. The information I'm trying to retrieve is known to me (certainly not "third parties personal details such as bank accounts and passwords) and is related to my work which is why I'd like to keep it, of course I should have down-loaded it when I could but you know what they say about hindsight.

Basically, I agree that discussing methods of by-passing copy protection on a public forum such as this one may not be in the interests of the community at large. BUT, it will not have escaped your notice that there are many public websites that discuss this topic together with suggested software and video tutorials.

No, I won't flame you, I fully appreciate and respect your reasons to protect your DVD's and flash drives.