PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2014, 09:05
MamaPut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many Lagos hospitals are now turning away patients they suspect may have Ebola. Other diseases, such as malaria and typhoid, have similar symptoms so hospitals are frightened they may be admitting Ebola patients who they don't have the skills, equipment or resources to deal with. This is leading to people treating themselves at home - not good.

I see some Air Chance cabin crew are now refusing to fly on Lagos flights because they're worried about being exposed to Ebola.

As for Bristow management, I wasn't aware we have any . You'd think that by now, after the last attempt to send in a HoFO with no Nigeria experience, they'd think twice about bringing in someone from outside. Nigeria is a difficult place to be a manager in, especially for someone who's never done it here before. The last 2 HoFOs have made little or no impact on the place, unless you think powder blue flight suits represent a big step forward! The new man will probably be heavily advised by OO. It seems that Eket is one of the few places which is fairly well managed these days. I think helipiloto is wrong about Akin (who is MD, not GM). He's basically a decent man but since being promoted into his present position, he's changed because of all the pressure from Houston and has to toe the company line even when he doesn't agree with it.

The culling at Caverton is probably just so that the senior managers can have more perks and bigger cars