PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cheapest flying school in Scotland
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2014, 08:55
BroomstickPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't train in the UK

Hi CZPilot,

The UK has what is called a 'returning polar maritime' climate. In short it's wet. This is one of the various reasons why flying is so expensive in the UK, namely because of the number of possible flying hours lost through bad weather. Aircraft are on the ground when they should be in the air.

Furthermore, the weather is worse in the West than in the East and worse in the North than in the South. I should know this because I come from the North-west of England and have lived for years in the South-east.

The Czech Republic, being in the middle of the European continent, should have a 'continental' climate; (i.e. very much dryer than the UK).

Presumably, while you are working in Scotland you will be earning more money than you would have been earning in the Czech Republic. I would recommend that you save money earned in Scotland until you have enough money and some to spare to pay for the whole of your PPL in the Czech Republic and then do you PPL at home in one long full time course.

Enjoy Scotland, however, it's a beautiful place (despite the climate) and the people are hospitable and friendly - even to us English.

Good luck!

BP.