PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Drone flying within LAX restricted airspace
Old 24th Aug 2014, 06:08
ACMS

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
I don't agree with you, whilst it's not unknown to get vectored to intercept the G/S from above it is far from the normal in Australia, Asia, and Europe. I've operated into a lot of major Airports in the US as well and never had to intercept from above. Maybe I'm just lucky? ..........maybe the US controllers are nicer to international wide bodies?

Either way we are capable to handle such events and are trained in doing so, big deal!!

99.9% of my flying is in Wide bodies so maybe I don't worry as much about wake turbulence as you guys in light and medium Jets? I've certainly experienced it on approach following other heavies and it's a serious subject but I repeat we do not fly high on the approach OR land long to avoid it. That has the serious potential to create bigger problems than the one you were trying to avoid in the first place......

ICAO has mandated separation standards for takeoff and landing to mitigate wake encounters, designed via testing and in service experience. Works for me

Now back to topic on drones in LAX.....