PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you laugh or cry ?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2014, 19:09
Avionker

Received 157 Likes on 71 Posts
Talking of a jobs worth always takes me back to 2003 when I was at HQSTC. My 1 star boss had just come back from an official visit to Henlow in a staff car. He gave me a RAF Police parking ticket he had found under the wiper and asked me to sort it. Noting the name of the brave Cpl that issued it I managed to get though to him at Henlow. He insisted that the Air Cdre must turn up at Hendon Police office in person with his driving docs within 5 days. I advised him it would be a bad idea to do that to his Air Officer Commanding. He then went on to say he believed I was trying to pervert the course of justice and I could be in trouble. I decided to give up then and had a chat with his FS asking if he really wanted my boss to come back. The ticket ended up in the bin........
So your boss is too lazy or too arrogant to park legally, iaw Station Standing Orders. An RAF Police Cpl issues a parking ticket, and insists that the person responsible for parking illegally take responsibility for their actions. And that makes him a jobsworth?