PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 23rd Aug 2014, 18:32
120feet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A huge unknown

Eric, I have known many pilots at EK over the past several years while I can not speak for them I can tell you what they have told me. Currently, (this will most likely change) the plan appears to have all 340's retired around the end of 2015. The 330 fleet will continue to shrink and be gone sometime around 2017-18. Again, this changes every few months, and you will get 7 different answers if you ask 7 different people. I can tell you two of my friends waited for 777 classes, showed up for a 777 class and were switched to the 330. They then volunteered to go to 380 with the promise from EK of returning them to the 330 two years later for their command. 6 months after joining the 380 they were told they could not go back and needed 2500 hours on the 380 to upgrade. They have been there over six years and still sitting right seat. While their old 777 class mates upgraded 3 years ago. My point is 2 fold. Firstly, rules at EK and what is truth changes daily and without warning. Second, trying to make a decision on what the rules are today may get you screwed tomorrow. As far as schedules go these appear to be consistent. Meaning, consistently getting worse. I would expect the trend to continue. Also, there are very few overnights on the 330, most go to training so you will fly months of nothing but turns. But again, ask Don.

Last edited by 120feet; 23rd Aug 2014 at 19:09.