PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia recruiting
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2014, 07:34

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pondering the move....

Hi guys, have just had response that i've met requirements from the online tests for Airservices Australia and am waiting for my phone interview. Little bit disillusioned by some of the posts on this thread that i'm doing the right thing moving from UK ANSP to Aus...is there anyone that has taken this route within the last few years and can give me a realistic comparison between the two. Obviously when you work within a company, there are many opportunities for certain personality types to grumble about all aspects of working conditions, management etc, this tends to be what we do as humans (i know we do it here, despite the fact that we really don't have it bad). Personally, i think the industry has changed exponentially over the last few years and many people have issues with the new direction. Me, I look at my educational history and praise and celebrate the fact that, yes with lots of hard work and dedication, i have stumbled across a job which i love and enjoy so much. It pays well, i get fantastic family time and generally have an amazing quality of life. I'm privileged to be where i am. Admittedly there are things which frustrate me about the position i sometimes feel i'm placed in by management decisions, but i keep my nose clean, realise things change, and just keep pace.
Enjoy the position you're in guys, it's not a right, it's a job and you have to keep up the professionalism - take the rough with the smooth....you'll be much happier for it.