PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Drone flying within LAX restricted airspace
Old 23rd Aug 2014, 04:26
glendalegoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACMS, gee you are getting a little flumoxed eh? NOT IDEAL. WOW, no flight I have ever done in real life is IDEAL.

You don't have a function called, "MAN GP"? Fine. I just reread my POH and MAN GP allows for interception from above within 1.5 dots.

Cappn Bloggs is quite right, I wouldn't tell you to intercept the glideslope at 500' or 1000' depending on weather. I am a huge advocate of stable approaches. ACMS we are even allowed to be stable at 500' if the weather is good.

But outside the marker, intercepting from above at busy airports helps out ATC, accepting a vector inside the apch gate makes things move.

I hope you read that US AIM URL I posted. You might learn something.

In the sim, everything is ideal and we intercept from the min GS intercept altitude and the "needle" shows the glideslope coming down to meet us. Oh how nice to do that in real life.

IDEAL. WOW. What planet do you fly on? I'm sure you haven't flown to some of our oddball airports like KDCA.

AS I mentioned before, this isn't when you are down to mins.

I am still laughing at "IDEAL".

Tell me, again I asked: There you are, wx above basic VFR, and you are intercepting high on the GS, do you:

ask for vectors back to do it again

or intercept from above by either using an increased descent rate until about on GS, or, GOD FORBID , Clicking off the autopilot?

Come on ACMS, do you really ask for vectors back for another try? I can imagine a 15 minute addition to your flying time at some airports here in the good old USA.

Do you ever land past the puff of smoke on the runway if you are following a plane bigger than yours?

And yes, you can certainly be stable on the approach and I wouldn't want you to be anything but stable. A dot high is very different than a dot low.

Ideal flying works fine in the sim.