PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bye Bye Qantas Hello Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2014, 02:21
27/09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wasathangi

Yes the posts were in reverse order and I think it is obvious that is the case. I did it that way on purpose to make it easier to follow the post trail.

Read my post carefully again and hopefully you will understand what I wrote.

However since your powers of comprehension seem to be impaired I'll re post in a different manner anyway. It has nothing to do with who mentioned Air NZ first.

Your wrote:
LCC's are nothing new. Have a look around the world. We are one of the last countries to implement this. Nothing to do with Ansett.

QANTAS is what it is today, old school business model/ great airline still by far however the market it operates in, QANTAS can't compete against the LCC business model.

People today just want a seat and get to their destination on the domestic scene.
Just like the train and bus....Gone are the days where the upper middle class and above used the airline network. IT is now available for everyone.
Air Ace wrote in response:
If you are correct, I wonder how Air New Zealand, Singapore Airlines and the Middle East carriers make a profit as full service international airlines competing against LCCs and Qantas makes a profit domestically?
making the point that full service carriers are making money so it's not all about not being able to compete against the LCC business model

You replied:
Air Ace....You obviously have your head buried in the sand. Every Major you mentioned has a LCC branch/section. Also are located in HIGHER POPULATED AREAS AND SHORTER ROUTES TO OTHER HIGHLY POPULATED COUNTRIES Not a country with only 22 million..Geez, should I go on
Your attempt to justify your point of view is is incorrect.

Air Ace pointed out Air NZ was operating in a market much smaller than 2 mill.

I made the comment that Air New Zealand didn't have a LCC arm.

You responded:
I am just stating the reality....ANZ is a different ball game all together.
No one was saying the airlines weren't different, just that they were full service airlines making money when Qantas wasn't.

Yes Air New Zealand might be different to those other airlines Air Ace referred to, it like Qantas is located at the end of a route (the end of the earth for those coming from the US or Europe) with a small domestic population. By your own admission making it harder to make a profit.

Air New Zealand like Qantas has LCC domestic competition and LCC competition on international routes including capacity dumping from one Middle East airline on the Tasman. Yet unlike Qantas, Air NZ has been able to make a profit. One major difference is Air New Zealand doesn't have a bastard child cannibalising it's routes.