PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bye Bye Qantas Hello Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2014, 01:21
Air Ace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But do they in reality? Please document directors of ASX companies who have actually been sued and had their assets confiscated/frozen in the last 10 years.
About the last ones I recall were the poor b*ggars on the Board of the National Safety Council, Victoria Division, who paid the ultimate price for Freddo's foibles, but that was many years ago!!

Many of Australia's biggest swindlers get away Scot free! The rest of us carry fidelity insurance.

Anyone that thinks that Qantas can ever compete on Quality and price......
Please, not that old cherry again! Qantas gave away it's most profitable, near monopolistic air routes that did support it's cost base. Time and again proactive and innovate Boards address and overcome the alleged disadvantage of their Australian cost base. And other Boards throw up their hands and give up, the Australian car industry being one example. Honda build more cars in the USA than in any other country; BMW builds certain models only in the USA - I wonder how they manage with the high US cost base, versus China, Thailand or Vietnam?

With the mega millions being paid to Qantas elitist and out of touch executives and Board, I guess not unreasonably I expect far more initiative and innovation. If I were a Qantas major shareholder with no return on investment for many years, no dividend, no capital gain, that CEO and Board would be long gone.

At the end of the day.....LCC's are here to stay period! QANTAS is what it is period.
Congratulations. I think that is your first correct statement in this thread.

Qantas has a major competitor that is eroding the profitability of it's air routes - and that libidinous and lecherous competitor is Jetstar! A full service airline and an LCC can successfully share common ownership, but will fail if one is established only to destroy the other on common air routes.

In the mean time those long term, loyal Qantas clients who are prepared to pay for a full service airline - and that is a significant percentage of the Australian travelling public - are voting with their feet and patronising other quality carrier that offer the service they expect, which is something other than cattle train class.

I remember a little Irishman at Ansett many years ago that had probably exceeded his then maximum level of incompetence. He has certainly now progressed way, way beyond his maximum incompetence level!

Please don't get so bitter and twisted wasathangi, after all this is only the internet!

Last edited by Air Ace; 23rd Aug 2014 at 01:34.