PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna 150 checkist
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2014, 10:47
SpannerInTheWerks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SSD:

In July of this year the Safety & Airspace Regulation Group, Flight Standards Department of the UK CAA published the latest revision of their 'Flight Examiners' Handbook (Aeroplanes and Helicopters)'.

Amongst other things the Handbook provides Guidance Notes for examiners conducting flight tests. The Guidance Notes for the LAPL/PPL(A) Skill Test Briefing are to be found at Appendix 2A. As a part of the Main Brief to be carried out by the Examiner under 'Operation' the Handbook states the Examiner should brief (my emphasis):

'Operation. You should conduct this flight in a safe and practical manner and in accordance with ATO Procedures and National Rules. Use your checklist while you are on the ground. In the air you may carry out checks from memory but following the checklist sequence. I want you to say aloud your check-list items as you do them.'

Insofar as the flight test is concerned the applicant, under paragraph 3.2.4, must demonstrate ability to: ... Maintain control of the aircraft at all times such that the successful outcome of a procedure or manoeuvre is never seriously in doubt. The applicant's airmanship and TEM must be assessed with each exercise and this must include lookout, checks and drills ...

Chicken - I'm not going to repeat what's been said. No-one mandates I use a checklist in an L4 Cub, a Chipmunk, or even a Yak52 (quite a complex aeroplane). So what are you on about?
No-one mandates I use a checklist
- the UK CAA do!!!

That's what he's on about!!!