PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC McAlpine cash bond...
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2003, 23:06
tailscrape

Terrier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PP,

You always say what I mean, but in a more diplomatic way! Cheers!

TonyBlair,

I do not knock you, but you must look beyond the initial elation of getting a job. When you talk about terms and conditions, you must think long term. Think of:

Payscales. You will be a reduced earner for SEVEN years upon joining. That is NINE years if you think about your training period. Then if you are unlucky enough to fail a command, or the industry contracts again you may be stuck on some of the lowest RHS wages in the industry at jmc and easyJet. The top scale after 15 years at jmc is only about £50000 for an SFO, whereas at Britannia it is somewhere in the lowish £6o k mark. At easyJet they do not even have incremental scales! You are on £36000 a year as an SFO regardless of length of service. Yes, u may get a bonus at easyJet. However they have to profitable I think to earn it (?).

Pension: At jmc two years ago we had a respectable FINAL SALARY pension. Now it is closed to new joiners. A new defined benefit scheme is to be offered to new joiners. However the pilot community may still resist this move to safeguard their collective futures.

Medical and Health: Will companies still offer this in the future? A lot do not already. jmc do....I have no idea if easyJet do.

Holidays: How much etc....and more importantly can you get it when you need it?

Staff travel: Is it worth anything?

I could go on and on............ just think of the big picture before you sign a contract. You WILL be naffed off when you have SIX and a HALF years on type and people 150 or 200 places below you are earning more because time and circumstances were on their side.

Management will not change your contract to a full one until you have paid your dues once you sign..........you may think they will, but they won't.