PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multicom vs area frequency
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2014, 02:56
triadic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like I said.... there are both "professional" and "recreational" pilots here who obviously don't understand how the system is meant to work.

There has always been and always will be a culture that resists change (human nature at its best) if there is a lack of understanding in the purpose of the change. The responsibility for such education rests in this case in the first instance with CASA, but sadly they don't seem to have any idea of how to do that! One has only to go back to '97 when the revised read-back requirements came in and CASA were told by industry the various outcomes. The education failed and exactly what industry said has come to pass, and the errors are being passed on by instructors and training pilots....

Creamy – I usually enjoy your posts, however on this topic you have pulled the leg too far and the outcome I suggest is even more confusion. Sadly, it seems you are in the group mentioned in para one above… but you can take pride in that along with others, it is not your fault!