PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - East African Airways VC 10 accident 1972 Addis Ababa
Old 22nd Aug 2014, 01:03
flyawaybird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EAst African Airways 2014 Reunion in Skyways - London

Hi Folks,

FYI, we had a very memorable EAA Reunion in London on 26th July 2014 at former Skyways Hotel, now Radisson Blu Edwardian Heathrow Hotel.
For those that missed this great day, you can access East African Airways website to read all about it there and also find the information on video to watch.

The event was well organized, my hat off to the two pilot concerned, and it was very well attended from as far as, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa, USA and the list goes on. Not even the wild horses could have kept me away from the EAA Reunion. We had brought a lot of gifts on request, for auction. We raised quite a bit of money. Plenty to talk about, eat and drink (Tusker Beers, juu!). We also watched an interesting video partly on EAA and the rest on Kenya and Tanzania during the colonial rule, special events etc.. We had close to 130 attendees present, considering a lot of EASTAF have passed on. My trip continued on eight-days tour to Germany. Very interesting. I really enjoyed myself.

Just a piece of information those interested in the former airline.

Regards

flyawaybird