PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2014, 00:08
Jetsbest

Received 25 Likes on 4 Posts
Re "The Advertiser"...

I love the way some apparent "Qantas angels" have jumped into the Advertiser's comments section so quickly; bagging out the employees/unions and throwing around the usual inaccurate and/or misleading 'facts' about pilot and flight attendant pay and work rates.
Sweeping generalisations like;
-
some pilots are paid over $500,000
-
working only a few hours a week for something a computer can do far better.
-
some cabin staff earn over $150,000
I'd like to ask a "Qantas angel" an few questions then:
1. How many is "some"? (what proportion of the total Number of pilots/cabin crew)
2. Are any of the "some" from the pool of 'ordinary' crew or are you including managers?
3. Are you forgetting to inform your audience of the massive annual leave assignments in some sections of QF which dilutes the amount of work able to be done?
4. Should you remind your audience of the substantial down-sizing of the Qantas mainline fleet which has created surpluses of people and dilutes individual productivity in the departments to which you refer?
5. Can you explain the extremely poor 'trust in management' scores found in Qantas in-house research, and what part executive management has played in those results?
6. Please tell me where I can buy a computer which can;
- administer first aid to a passenger having an inflight heart attack, or
- land an A330 with a severe flight control computer malfunction, or
- successfully return to an airport an A380 severely damaged after a engine explosion or a 747 after an unprecedented oxygen cylinder rupture, or
- perform a pre-flight walk-around of an airliner.
I'LL BUY ONE OF THOSE!