PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Assist
Thread: Pilot Assist
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2002, 04:16
FinanceDance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with Itchy & Flash... Phantom, I have worked as a chartered accountant in my previous 'life' before flying and have also seen your previous posts harping on about the fact that Pilot Assist are late filing their Y/E accounts with C.H. Big deal! Though I hate to admit it, it is a fairly common (off the record) practice for an accountant to advise a company to pay a late fee - rather than file in the first year, especially if the company is wishing to 'cloak' its funding sources for as long as possible, a usefull business tactic for any new company with active competitors; especially in the dog-eat-dog world of aviation. Also, if they are anything like any other start-up I have ever dealt with, they would show a loss anyway in the first or 2nd fiscal year. While I know nothing of you, or Pilot Assist, and would neither vouch for their financial stability or lack thereof; I would tend to agree with other comments posted. You seem to have an insatiable desire to want to put them down. Why? (P.S. I also agree with Itchy and Flash about the 'critics' The reason I am posting now is that I am getting sick and tired of 'wannabes' that seem to have nothing better to do than attack the industry rather than face the fact that getting through this training is HARD...it takes EFFORT and a large amount of SELF DISCIPLINE, DETERMINATION and FORESIGHT - How sad that those who have time on their hands to post this utter nonsense (rather than get the job done) have to try and convince others to come down to their level. The ones that will make it will rise above. That is the very essence of a true airline pilot, and a quality that the industry is now well qualified to spot. Sorry Phantom... but 'wannabe' describes YOU to a tee. Keep posting, you will be here for years!