PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2014, 03:33
Spey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An apology.

galdian

My apologies if I came across in an unappreciative tone.

I absolutely understand that people sign up for T&C's at the time. I had a great time in aviation and am now living another passion. I am grateful for my 26 years of airline employment.

I also agree that life is what you make it however I guess the point I was trying to convey is that it is a touch sad that people in the industry no matter their role be it air/ground/back office or opps the genuine concern for people by management is absent and it appears to be a race to the bottom.

More seats, less and smaller loos, more cancellations than ever and more 'efficiencies and transforming to make airlines better than ever' Great words from the Spin Dr's yet the reality is different from the pretty pictures.

Yes some things are better, technology has improved, systems changed and without suggesting we return to 'Hyatt' days I firmly believe the lack of humanity, care and family contribute to a more uncertain, destabilized and unhappy work environment. Timeless qualities that cost nothing and transcend generations. It's a shame really.

That's progress and I take your point, we all live in different eras and one doesn't miss what they have never had.

I'm glad you seem very happy where you are and again I didn't intend to offend.