PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger moth g-anjk
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2014, 23:12
MillyJames

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G-ANJK

It's a complete disgrace what has happened to this aircraft. It was maintained until 1982 by the Montgomeryshire Ultra Light Flying Club. Beautifully recovered at Cosford by Mr Miller and his son it flew back to the club base. It subsequently disappeared from the hangar. Next thing we know is a Barrister's letter informing us that the Club has been dissolved and that another group had taken possession of it. My late father had started The MULCwith a few like minded souls after being de-mobbed. They chucked in whatever money they had and put on shows in Welshpool Town Hall. Joe Loss, Cleo Lane etc. They made enough money to buy a Tipsy, subsequently bought by the Lingard family. Then they bought a Tiger, but that caused trouble and then G-ANJK came onto the scene. It was silver when I first recall it. Then it went orange (!) Then red when things went wrong. The aircraft was for many years part of my life. I weep for her now. For goodness sake, why destroy such a good thing? Club and aircraft both.