PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 20th Aug 2014, 16:08
EC-BRQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry about being so late, but I have been really busy...

First, I have to say that good news came past Monday and I am going to start the Type Rating in East Midlands on October the 6th...

The assesment in my case was like this:

- Interview: Pretty rude, no jokes, but I found it normal, nothing bad to say. Only a little pressure just to see how you behave. They asked me about myself, what I like to do in my free time, why I choose my flight school, why Ryanair, what opinion I have about my instructors... Regarding technical questions, what is Jetstream, how thunderstorms are formed and as I am Engines Engineer also, we talked about new features of engines. Finally they asked me about how many flight attendants does a Ryanair 737 have. Nothing abnormal.

- Simulator: Liffy 4A departure from Dublin, once completed changes of cruise, turns, descent with 1000 ft/min, one interception and one question about our present position. Then, smoke on board, so declared emergency and returned to Dublin. With this, the assesor freezed the simulator and told us to prepare the approach, ILS 28, and once ready, we completed the approach. Cloud base was higher than minima and visibility was 8 km, so no problem at all. Altitude was +/- 200ft some times but in general terms I controlled it nicely.

My tips... be yourself in the interview, and be relaxed, both for the interview and for the simulator. Talk and discuss the situation with your mate, CRM! Request things when you are the pilot flying and help when monitoring... This is what they want to see! As other said two or three messages before, no tricks, they try to make you confortable and relaxed from the very beginning. One of them was joking from the first time he saw us. They really know how pressed we are in a day like this.

If you have more questions, ask me!

Guys of the 14th of August, are you there? If anyone reads this, tell me if you have good news too...

Last edited by EC-BRQ; 20th Aug 2014 at 16:22.