PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best route Geneva to Singapore?
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2014, 12:25
Gibon2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Octo

I've done this trip in almost every conceivable way over the years, but things are constantly changing so there's no avoiding trawling through the booking sites to find a good deal.

As mixture says, Emirates is likely to have the best business-class deal, and when I used this route a couple of years ago, the stop in DXB wasn't too long. Also check Etihad and Qatar, although when I last looked the schedules weren't great (long transit stops).

Best if money is no object is SQ via Zurich; Swiss is also OK but doesn't seem much cheaper.

For premium economy, Air France may be the best bet - I've done a couple of trips to Asia with them recently (with some misgiving), but was pleasantly surprised by the premium eco product (much closer to business class than the eco-seat-wth-extra-legroom offerings of some other carriers), and the prices were very good. Downside is the transit at CDG, but this does seem to have improved somewhat recently.

I dream of the day someone starts a direct flight from GVA to SIN (or another Asian hub), but sadly it doesn't seem to be on the cards...