PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna 150 checkist
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2014, 11:59
cockney steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@27/09
just re-read the last couple of lines of my post
These Aircraft have proved to be far more durable than the makers ever envisaged.
The Spitfire was a short-life aircraft....it would either be written off or suprseded within ~ 5 years...so nopoint wasting resources building for a 10-year life.

The SIDS are showing wing-strut cracks and laminated -spar corrosion, among other issues....Perhaps, by the time the Reims versions entered production, someone realised the design was unbeatable and therefore the factory corrosion-proofed for an extended life.

Back on thread...My pilot friend had access to a 152, a 172 and an Aeronca Chief we mainly flew in the Chief . A simple,logical, progression around the aircraft covered everything from tyres to fuel-level No flaps, no electrics (Icom and battery-intercom) Armstrong starting.
Maybe it helped he was from an engineering background? (me,too)
NO CHECK LIST....but, even now, I could probably do the full routine up to lining-up...and i've never had a formal lesson
I don't remember a list for the Cessnas, either, but, as both our lives depended on it, it got the full beady eye treatment,including full flap extension, inspection. retraction......finally a check on full andfree controls before the start and run-up (repeated after power-check immediately before takeoff.)If there was a "gotcha" I never saw it.