PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna 150 checkist
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2014, 10:34
ChickenHouse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am really surprised that the question for a checklist does have this kind of discussion. In my eyes the issue is quite simple.

First: if I enter a plane, be it my own or a rented one, there has to be one in it by any regulations of the world I know (ok, sometimes in Africa, it was not, but that is a totally different story). Second: the checklist has to be the one which is part of the ARC inspection, so one time a year it is checked a checklist is on board and it is the correct one (item on the list for ARC, tyoical the one after original POH on board). Third: the only allowed checklist is the official one released by the manufacturer, maybe in a later revision, but often still the one with which the plane was delivered at first hand.

First reality: many times at ARC neither POH nor checklist were checked. Second reality: quite often neither the correct POH nor the correct checklist is on board. Third reality: the original documents are not the very best ones from nowadays perspective and it may be advisable to write an own version of the POH as well as a personal checklist, which is mainly the official one with some added features for things fit in the last x0 years.

My best way is to keep the original POH and checklist documents within the planelog and use my own. By this I am current on document features and do have the originals for ARC and ramp checks handy.