PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not such a good idea: float plane takes off under bridge in Ottawa
Old 20th Aug 2014, 03:47
pigboat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JO, I don't think those protesting the "Granny State" under various Health and Welfare autocrats question the need for SENSIBLE regulation but the industry is rife with stupid counter productive regulations...
I'm the go to guy for odd jobs around our local curling club. Recently I painted the stairs that go from the downstairs locker rooms onto the ice, including the door that leads onto the ice. At the bottom of the door, so it will be at eye level to those coming upstairs, there is affixed a safety poster that reads "Caution Slippery Surface." I had taken the poster off to paint the door and questioned the need to replace it, since the statement is pretty obvious. I was told yes, replace the poster because it was part of the safety inspection carried out by the government H&S department. My suggestion the inspector be placed in a cage where the people could throw him peanuts and he could scratch his ass for public amusement was equally rejected.

Last edited by pigboat; 20th Aug 2014 at 04:06.