PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Truss: Aviation Safety Regulation Review
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2014, 01:27
Frank Arouet

Location: dans un cercle dont le centre est eveywhere et circumfernce n'est nulle part
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When the "great smoking black hole" happens, who will be the most vocal? (excepting of course the aviation industry that has been warning of it for years).

Yes folks, it's the poor bloody fare paying public who will scream most and loudest and they "WILL" effect change. The same public that made change to keep our "National Carrier" despite it being on the verge of non existence through a variety of fiscal, management, and environmental reasons. (What's their share price today)?

The same public that hold thousands and thousands more votes than the entire aviation industry and its family's dogs and cats and relatives.
Without alarming that same public by advising them their sorry backsides are in danger from an unelected inept and probably corrupt and destructive mob of public servants, (because that will probably be cause for action under some anti terror law), they are the ones this pitiful industry need to get on side.

I've given up preaching to those who can't effect change because they are irrelevant in the big scheme of things, and I intend to hitch my wagon to some ratbag populist mob like Wikileaks, Green or PUP Senators who WILL effect change because people do listen to them, (if only to criticize them). Bugga me, the left handed lesbian surfboard riders association have more members that the aviation industry. The industry Unions have more chance of making change. Look at the recent decision not to fly over war zones.

Before you dismiss this "ratbaggery", just look at some of the previous comments you have written here. One poster has linked Pink Batts, school halls, fighter planes to the current mob of political lightweights that somehow finds relevance in an aviation problem. The fact that Defence spending has increased is irrelevant because that's not what the public "THINK".

One problem, CAsA, which functions irrespective of political master. One solution and that solution is out of the aviation industry control. That solution is out of political control.

Actually it's the "problem" that's "IN CONTROL".

The public need to be afraid!