PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multicom vs area frequency
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2014, 23:57
Creampuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Creampuff, apologies for the delay.

Without boring everyone with a long list of Yxxx's, if you have OZRunways, try putting up the WAC Chart, zoom into the northern part of the NT, lets say from a line north of Roper River to the east and to Port Keats in the west, then go to the left side list of display items and turn on the second icon from the top (ALA's etc.)-

More than a hundred airstrips not shown on the WAC will be displayed.
Try it for yourself.
No need to apologise: I was only prodding you for fun – but you probably already knew that…

However, on a serious note, you raise a very important operational issue that I confess I’d taken for granted but may be a mistake on my behalf.

I use AVPLAN. AVPLAN has been approved under CAR 233(1)(h).

Therefore, the latest editions of aeronautical maps, charts and other information and instructions published by AVPLAN are authoritative for the purposes of CAR 233(1)(h).

AVPLAN shows all those ALAs to which you referred (and evidently so does OzR). I count that as being “depicted on aeronautical charts”. To put this another way, in the real world I would assume 126.7 is the frequency for use during operations at or in the vicinity of those places.

But let’s talk in specifics, so that we can refine the regulatory and operational issues rather than bluster in overblown hyperbole.

There is a ‘place’ – to use a neutral term – called ‘Mount Ringwood’ to the South East of Darwin. YRIN is not marked on the Darwin paper WAC, but is marked on the VNC and VTC. I therefore take YRIN to be “depicted on aeronautical charts”.

Anyone like to argue that YRIN is not depicted on aeronautical charts?