PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mid-week cafes/restaurants.
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2014, 14:38
Genghis the Engineer

Received 50 Likes on 26 Posts
I can recommend two excellent (and affordable) food pubs within 5 minutes by taxi from Cranfield - either the Swan in Salford, or the Carrington Arms in Aynho. (Various okay but less spectacular eateries on the airfield - the most enjoyably quirky of the bunch probably being the Cafe Bookshop).

Generally speaking, eating on the grass outside at White Waltham is also a pleasurable experience. I'd say the food is Good rather than Excellent.

Denham has a rather good if quirky place on the airfield called Biggles : Biggles Restaurant, Denham

A favourite of mine, also at Denham, is "The Crew Room", basically just an airfield cafe run by a fellow who used to have a larger Italian restaurant. His freshly made pizzas are quite spectacular.

I've not been there for a while, and recall it as more "good" than "excellent" (possibly "okay"), but the place at Lydd serves all day as well. Restaurant & Bar - Lydd Airport (London Ashford Airport)

Red Lion is very nice for food, 10 minutes walk from Halfpenny Green.

Another I've not been to for a while, but the Crab and Lobster, 10ish minutes walk from Bembridge.

G